Last week, the Association of Language Companies (ALC) held their annual conference in Las Vegas and I had the pleasure of attending the event and meeting so many colleagues within the industry.
The ALC had prepared an interesting conference program with a special emphasis on maximizing your business (with an great pre-conference sales workshop organised by the Common Sense Advisory and Selling Translations® led by Nataly Kelly and Doug Lawrence)
- Keynote Address by Nataly Kelly on “Maximizing LSP Value”
- Sales and Marketing Session (with some very useful tips on online marketing (social media and online presence), offline marketing and setting up a sales team)
- Gala speed networking session (a great way to get to meet many people in a short amount of time!)
- “ALC Town Hall” session (our marketing group learnt a lot from each other’s experience, what works and what does not)
- Sessions on Machine Translations and Technology. Jost Zetzsche’s session on Technology was particularly interesting and I totally agreed with him LSPs shouldn’t be using all the same tools and whenever possible we need to develop our own tools that are specific to our organization to better serve our customers’ needs.
All in all, it was a really good conference: an investment that always pays off!
|Sandy Dupleich, President of ALC with Sabine Panneau, Ocean Translations and Roberto Ganzerli, President of ELIA|
I look forward to seeing many of you again at other international translation conferences such as the upcoming IMTT Language & Technology Conference in Cordoba, Argentina on 20, 21 , 22 August 2011.
posted by Sabine Panneau, 26 May 2011